Monday, March 8, 2010

brrr

Berlin; very cold.

It probably would have been a better experience had it not been so bloody cold. It was the wind though; slight snow fall as well. Either way, having a two hour walking tour in that temperature does not make for a good time. I also did not take very many pictures because my hands were frozen numb. The trip all together would have been regretted if I didn't go and spend time with the other international students...most of which had already formed their groups/friendships from attending the language school for German, which I am not a part of.
But drinking and clubbing was fun?....We went to a bar called 'Soda' which cost 8 Euro to get in, but it has a total of 5 floors, all playing different types of music. The club is also in an old brick building: wood floor, high ceilings, low ceilings. It was fun.

The one other bummer of the Berlin trip is coming home with a cold :( So far it is just a scratchy throat but I have been taking Vitamin D non-stop. Come on Immune System!

Today I simply opened a bank account and did some grocery shopping. Food here is a lot cheaper than it is in Canada. I can probably buy food for about 10-15 euro a week, including the dinners that my flatmates have sometimes; free, yummy food! I have also been asked to make a 'traditional Canadian dish' sometime. Oh boy. French toast?

I still miss you all. Hope you are enjoying the lovely Kelowna spring weather!

Today, I also bought a plant for my room :) Two, actually.



View of the canal from a bridge near my dorms.

1 comment: